In August of 2013, the City of Staunton received a notification letter identifying that they had been designated as a Municipal Separated Storm Sewer System (MS4) by the Department of Environmental Quality. Wiley|Wilson worked with the City to develop their MS4 Program to satisfy the conditions of their general permit.
Tasks that Wiley|Wilson accomplished are as follows:
- Evaluation of all existing programs
- Identification of applicable exiting programs
- Identification of program area deficiencies
- Development of recommended program modifications
- Benchmarking against existing phase II MS4 communities
- Registration statement development
- Coordination with the Department of Environmental Quality
Completion of the MS4 Registration Statement was accomplished in February of 2014.