The Old Steam Generator Storage Facility was designed to store aging steam generators and reactor vessels removed from service at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant.
Wiley|Wilson completed project specifications and provided civil/site design and peer review of the building and foundation design; as well as, field engineering support during construction and start-up.
Highlights of the project included the following:
- 146 foot by 138 foot concrete structure with 2-foot thick walls
- 60 auger cast piles for seismic stability
- Relocated facility access road and site utilities to keep structure outside of seismic landslide zone
- Improved site storm drainage and set finished floor elevation to Probable Maximum Precipitation
- Utilized existing surplus soils mound and piling spoils to create well-drained site