Old Steam Generator Storage Facility
The Old Steam Generator Storage Facility was designed to store aging steam generators and reactor vessels removed from service at the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant.
Wiley|Wilson completed project specifications and provided civil/site design and peer review of the building and foundation design; as well as, field engineering support during construction and start-up.
Highlights of the project included the following:
- 146 foot by 138 foot concrete structure with 2-foot thick walls
- 60 auger cast piles for seismic stability
- Relocated facility access road and site utilities to keep structure outside of seismic landslide zone
- Improved site storm drainage and set finished floor elevation to Probable Maximum Precipitation
- Utilized existing surplus soils mound and piling spoils to create well-drained site