Wiley|Wilson, a 100-percent employee-owned company, is pleased to celebrate Employee-Ownership Month this October, along with thousands of other Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) companies across the country. Employee Ownership Month is an opportunity to educate employee-owners and the public about the many benefits of ESOPs.
“This year marks our fifteenth year as an employee-owned company and we are proud of the ownership culture that we have created and continue to promote,” said Fred Armstrong, PE, Wiley|Wilson Chairman and CEO. “Our company core values go hand in hand with the ownership concept and by embracing them both employee-owners are creating a workplace that is enjoyable, respectful, and successful.”
The company’s ESOP Communications Committee has planned activities throughout October in all of its offices to highlight various aspects of employee-ownership and the company’s ESOP. “Employee Ownership Month is an excellent opportunity for employee-owners to learn more about their ESOP and what it means to be an owner,” explained Scott M. Francis, PE, Senior Engineer, Structural Department. Scott serves as Chair of the ESOP Communications Committee. “The theme of this year’s celebration is ESOP-toberfest, and our planned events are designed to enhance our ownership culture by boosting engagement in a myriad of festive activities scheduled throughout the month.”
Employee Ownership Facts*
- There are approximately 10,000 ESOPs in place in the U.S., covering 10 million employees.
- Total assets owned by US ESOPs are estimated to be $869 billion.
- The Economic Performance Survey conducted by the Employee Ownership Foundation in 2014 found that:
- 70% indicated revenue increased
- 64% indicated profitability increased
- 64% of companies have created an ESOP education program or ESOP advisory committee since establishing the ESOP
*Data from the ESOP Association
For more information on ESOPs and Employee Ownership Month, please visit the ESOP Association’s website.