SPECIALIZED EXPERTISE IN
THE DESIGN OF mission critical FACILITIES
Mission critical facilities must function reliably. All the time. This may require special site and building security measures. The facility may need to be hardened against damage by severe weather, physical attacks, and cyber-attacks. HVAC systems may need to restrict intake of outside air or be specially filtered. Emergency backup power supply and HVAC cooling needs must be highly reliable. The first step is to define each client’s specific operational needs and security design requirements. This starts the journey toward a facility that will perform reliably and securely for many years to come.
A THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF THE SENSITIVITY THAT SECURE FACILITIES REQUIRE
Wiley|Wilson has a first-hand grasp on the enhanced levels of security and protection needed to safeguard our nation’s strategic assets. We have provided comprehensive solutions to secure facilities that include:.
- Explosives handling and munitions facilities
- Blast/ballistic/forced entry resistant facilities
- CCTV systems, intrusion detection systems, and perimeter building security
- Special HVAC design for chemical/radiation/bo-hazard protection
- Progressive collapse avoidance analysis and retrofit design
- Building stand-off and blast assessments
- Access control for vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- Fire protection and life safety engineering and design
- Emergency and public mass notification
- Uninterrupted power systems
A TRUSTED DESIGN SERVICES PROVIDER TO THE FAA FOR HALF A CENTURY
The FAA expects a design partner to understand its distinct and evolving design requirements and regulations. We have provided that type of partnership for more than half a century. From new Airport Traffic Control Towers to the modernization of existing support facilities and radar tower designs, we assist the FAA in providing the safest air travel in the world.