With our design-build partner Clancy & Theys Construction Company, Wiley|Wilson provided mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering design services for the 709,000 SF Advanced Cartridge Manufacturing Plant expansion. The Advanced Cartridge Manufacturing Plant is a highly automated, state-of-the-art production facility for the manufacturing and recycling of toner cartridges. The facility also includes research and development laboratories for advanced robotic manufacturing processes.
The facility contains offices, clean rooms, manufacturing spaces, laboratories, storage areas, and support areas. Manufacturing processes in the plant required a number of specialized mechanical and electrical systems.
These systems included the following:
- Tight temperature and humidity control
- Dust collection
- Solvent vapor recovery from process lines.
- Thermal oxidizer for permitted process exhaust air
- Compressed air systems
- Chilled water plant
- Process chilled water and tempered water cooling
- Steam Generation for heating, humidification and process needs
- A four-transformer, medium voltage switchyard providing redundant power capabilities
- Five 2500 KVA double ended indoor substations serving integrated product centers strategically located throughout the facility and fully networked to serve process loads
- Fire suppression and detection systems
- Hazardous area classification design for various painting and coating applications